Rehydion - Allowing you to
make Milk Matter against scour
Rehydion is the only oral rehydration therapy gel that provides sufficient essential electrolytes to correct acidosis and still allow continued milk feeding (when given at the recommended levels), as it does not disturb milk clot formation.
Rehydion can be used during scouring, or as a proactive supportive measure when animals are potentially at risk of stress or infection, e.g.:
- When colostrum quality may be poor (e.g. due to poor dam nutrition)
- If slow to suckle after birth
- When in contact with other scouring animals
- Around weaning or when feed is changed
- Around transport/moving/handling
We have now used Rehydion successfully for many years. It is easy to administer as it is simply diluted in milk, which means there is no interruption to milk feeding.
Simon Wells, Dairy Farmer, Bath
Make Milk Matter by getting involved
Contact an advisor / Get involved
Want to know more about how to make Milk Matter on your farm, or do you have a story to share? Get in touch.